By Patricia J. Campbell,Aran MacKinnon,Christy R. Stevens
- Introduces readers to significant theories, keywords, techniques, and extraordinary theorists
- Equips readers with the fundamental wisdom and conceptual instruments precious for considering seriously concerning the complicated matters dealing with the worldwide community
- Includes various supplemental gains to facilitate studying and increase readers' figuring out of the material
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Global Studies PDF
Similar globalisation books
A iteration in the past now not a unmarried state had legislation to counter cash laundering; now, extra international locations have standardized anti-money laundering (AML) regulations than have defense force. within the cash Laundry, J. C. Sharman investigates no matter if AML coverage works, and why it has unfold so speedily to such a lot of states with so little in universal.
A wheel turns as a result of its come across with the outside of the line; spinning within the air it is going nowhere. Rubbing sticks jointly produces light and heat; one stick on my own is simply a stick. In either situations, it truly is friction that produces circulation, motion, impact. hard the common view that globalization perpetually indicates a "clash" of cultures, anthropologist Anna Tsing right here develops friction as an alternative as a metaphor for the varied and conflicting social interactions that make up our modern global.
Sustainable Diplomacies appears at tips on how to create stipulations for the reconciliation of rival methods of dwelling, the formation of sturdy relationships and the promoting of global peace and safety. The authors draw thought from the historical past of diplomatic idea in addition to from environmental, anthropological, non secular and postcolonial reports.
Administration of chance (M_o_R®) is a part of the worldwide top perform suite of courses, which is helping organisations and contributors deal with their tasks, programmes and prone continuously and successfully. Taking and coping with hazard is key for firms to accomplish their company targets. M_o_R presents a direction map for embedding reasonably priced, best-practice probability administration that could aid agencies increase provider supply and accomplish actual worth for funds.
- De l'indignation à la révolution (French Edition)
- Enabling Gender Equality: Future Generations of the Global World: 23 (Research in Political Sociology)
- New Age Globalization: Meaning and Metaphors
- Welchen Einfluss hat die Globalisierung auf den National- und Sozialstaat westeuropäischer Industrienationen? (German Edition)
- States and the Reemergence of Global Finance: From Bretton Woods to the 1990s
Extra resources for An Introduction to Global Studies
- Researching Race in Education (Education Policy in Practice: by Adrienne D. Dixon
- Scotland's Heroes: Remembered and Forgotten by John Lindsey