By C. Glenn
Read or Download American Indian/First Nations Schooling: From the Colonial Period to the Present PDF
Best college & university education books
While Indian University—now Bacone College—opened its doorways in Indian Territory (now Oklahoma) in 1880, it was once a small Baptist establishment designed to coach younger local americans to be lecturers and Christian missionaries between their very own humans and to behave as brokers of cultural assimilation. From 1927 to 1957, even though, Bacone collage replaced direction and pursued a brand new technique of emphasizing the Indian identities of its scholars and projecting often-romanticized photographs of Indianness to the non-Indian public in its fund-raising campaigns.
"Who knew that the majority collage professors don't make a residing salary and that affects collage educations! Second-Class Professor explores the misuses of economic reduction, the best way such a lot professors paintings at no cost, the protection concerns affecting them, and the way they don't seem to be rewarded for reliable educating. matters resembling grade-inflation, dangerous festival between colleagues, and open-enrollment should be explored in a funny, occasionally startling approach.
"I hugely suggest [this book]. scholar affairs leaders embarking upon organizational switch efforts will locate this ebook immensely worthy, as will college organization leaders, charged with cultivating pupil affairs practitioners able to paintings within the collaborative and dynamic agencies of at the present time and day after today.
This well timed publication demonstrates why there should be a extra considerate and collaborative attempt at the a part of K–12 faculties, in addition to associations of upper schooling, to supply higher university entry to scholars from low-income groups. development on a 10-year case research of a profitable school-university partnership, the authors learn the helps, mentoring, and assets had to remodel the school possibilities and existence probabilities for under-represented city early life.
- Classroom Voices on Education and Race: Students Speak From Inside the Belly of the Beast
- Learning Technology in Transition: from Individual Enthusiasm to Institutional Implementation
- Higher Education as a Field of Study in China: Defining Knowledge and Curriculum Structure (Emerging Perspectives on Education in China)
- Harvard & Hardship: A Beginner's Guide to College and Law School
- The Lansdowne Era: Victoria College, 1946-1963
- Social Justice Education: Inviting Faculty to Transform Their Institutions
Additional resources for American Indian/First Nations Schooling: From the Colonial Period to the Present
- Legends of Atlantis and Lost Lemuria by W. Scott-Elliot
- Arthur's Invariant Trace Formula and Comparison of Inner by Yuval Flicker