By Victor Ginzburg
This e-book represents a set of invited papers by way of impressive mathematicians in algebra, algebraic geometry, and quantity conception devoted to Vladimir Drinfeld. unique learn articles replicate the diversity of Drinfeld's paintings, and his profound contributions to the Langlands software, quantum teams, and mathematical physics are paid specific cognizance. those ten unique articles by way of renowned mathematicians, devoted to Drinfeld at the party of his fiftieth birthday, generally mirror the variety of Drinfeld's personal pursuits in algebra, algebraic geometry, and quantity theory.
Read or Download Algebraic Geometry and Number Theory: In Honor of Vladimir Drinfeld's 50th Birthday: 253 (Progress in Mathematics) PDF
Best group theory books
Operational Quantum idea II is a unusual paintings on quantum conception at a sophisticated algebraic point. The classically orientated hierarchy with gadgets reminiscent of debris because the fundamental concentration, and interactions of the items because the secondary concentration is reversed with the operational interactions as simple quantum buildings.
This self-contained text is a superb introduction to Lie teams and their activities on manifolds. The authors begin with an elementary discussion of matrix teams, by way of chapters dedicated to the fundamental constitution and illustration idea of finite dimensinal Lie algebras. They then flip to worldwide concerns, demonstrating the most important factor of the interaction among differential geometry and Lie conception.
The 1st a part of this ebook offers an undemanding and self-contained exposition of classical Galois conception and its functions to questions of solvability of algebraic equations in specific shape. the second one half describes a shocking analogy among the basic theorem of Galois idea and the class of coverings over a topological area.
This can be the second one of 2 volumes on the way to offer an creation to trendy advancements within the illustration thought of finite teams and associative algebras. the topic is seen from the point of view of homological algebra and the speculation of representations of finite dimensional algebras; the writer emphasises modular representations and the homological algebra linked to their different types.
- Abelian Groups and Representations of Finite Partially Ordered Sets (CMS Books in Mathematics)
- The Finite Simple Groups: 251 (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
- Ergodic Theory: Independence and Dichotomies (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
- Determinantal Ideals: 264 (Progress in Mathematics)
- Theory of Groups of Finite Order (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Self-Dual Codes and Invariant Theory: 17 (Algorithms and Computation in Mathematics)
Extra info for Algebraic Geometry and Number Theory: In Honor of Vladimir Drinfeld's 50th Birthday: 253 (Progress in Mathematics)
- Theory as Method in Research: On Bourdieu, social theory and by Mark Murphy,Cristina Costa
- Using Past as Prologue (Research on African American by Dionne Danns,Michelle A. Purdy,Christopher M. Span