By Chandre Dharma-wardana
This is a hugely interdisciplinary publication straddling physics and complicated platforms corresponding to dwelling organisms. The presentation is from the point of view of physics, in a fashion available to these drawn to medical wisdom built-in inside of its socio-cultural and philosophical backgrounds. key components of human knowing, specifically physics and wakeful complicated structures, are offered in easy language. An non-compulsory technical presentation is usually given in parallel the place it really is needed.
- Part I. the character of actual Law:
- A Bird's Eye View of Our Quest
- An Epistemic Hunt for clinical Truth
- The legislation of Nature and the Supremacy of Symmetry
- Maxwell's Magical Trinity — electrical energy, Magnetism and Light
- The concept of Relativity
- The Quantum international and 'Reality'
- Entanglement, size and Quantum Paradoxes
- Many Particle structures and the Classical Limit
- Energy, Entropy and Emergent Properties
- Part II. advanced platforms and Consiousness:
- Bio-Molecules, the Sub-Slime of Astrochemistry
- The mobilephone because the easy Unit of Life
- Specialized Cells for Sight, perception, and Information
- Exotic, Quantum motives of Consciousness
- Addressing the Enigmatic Questions
Readership: basic viewers with curiosity in physics and intricate platforms biology in addition to technology academics.
Read or Download A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind PDF
Similar quantum theory books
Our Earth, Gaia, is altering. As participants and as a civilization, we're being drawn right into a cosmic occasion whose breadth and intensity we will be able to infrequently think. Gaia is coming into a multidimensional shape, and we needs to switch, too, if we want to continue to exist this coming near near transformation. we're not dealing with the “end of the world,” yet particularly a primary switch within the atmosphere that permits the additional evolution of nature and humankind at the Earth’s floor.
The Quantum idea of Fields, first released in 1996, is a self-contained, complete creation to quantum box idea from Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg. quantity II supplies an account of the equipment of quantum box conception, and the way they've got resulted in an knowing of the susceptible, powerful, and electromagnetic interactions of the common debris.
Examine into the steadiness of subject has been essentially the most profitable chapters in mathematical physics, and is a primary instance of ways glossy arithmetic may be utilized to difficulties in physics. a distinct account of the topic, this e-book offers an entire, self-contained description of study at the balance of topic challenge.
Der Grundkurs Theoretische Physik in vier, in sich geschlossenen Bänden basiert auf langjährig erprobten Vorlesungen. Auch wenn die Physik im Vordergrund steht, die theoretisch-physikalischen Grundlagen werden eng mit dem entsprechenden Stoff aus der Mathematik verknüpft. Interaktive, webbasierte Aufgaben unterstützen Studierende bei der Vertiefung des Stoffs.
- Quantentheorie der Moleküle: Eine Einführung (Studienbücher Chemie) (German Edition)
- Mindful Universe: Quantum Mechanics and the Participating Observer (The Frontiers Collection)
- The Structural Foundations of Quantum Gravity
- Quantum Theory: Density, Condensation, and Bonding
Additional info for A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind
- The Atomic World Spooky? It Ain't Necessarily So!: Emergent by Theo van Holten
- Self Consciousness: An Alternative Anthropology of Identity by Anthony Cohen